Images, words and feelings all are part of affirmations. Positively expressing that
you can do something is a conscious stimulant to the upper cerebral brain regions.
The more you stimulate and use the upper regions of your brain, the more neural
interconnections are made and the more complete your overall brain usage.
Also, when you are emotionally out of balance, bacterial strains in your body
grow more profusely, just like predatory insects attack an unhealthy plant more than a
healthy plant! Remember the last time you caught a cold? Were you unhappy or
depressed? Was there recently a loss of someone or something, or feelings of guilt
just prior to catching it? Many bacteria live on the abundant waste substances
produced by the thought processes of repressed emotions.
Research has shown that there is a rapid multiplication of streptococcus bacteria in
the throat during emotional stress. Fear, worry and internal stress restrict the flow of
saliva, and you need saliva to neutralize mouth acids and prevent tooth decay. Dental
plaque is caused by the bacterium, Streptococcus mutans , which is counteracted to a
large extent by the antibodies in your system. Your antibody level is increased with
an improved immune system. Your immune system tends to lower its resistance level
in the presence of repressed negativity, and there is a draining of your bodily energy
needed to protect you against disorders. Many diseases occur when a lowered
immune system allows microbes to develop and proliferate.
Some diseases are initiated right after upsetting events happen or you have a
serious bout with depression, worry or loneliness. If you understand this, then you
must also realize that the self-healing process is largely controlled by your brain --
hence the effectiveness of the placebo. Just as harmful biochemical changes take
place with negative emotions, beneficial changes take place when your thought
atmosphere is positive. If you don't implant positive thoughts into the subconscious
mind, it will draw upon whatever is being played for activation. By unconsciously
prefacing your daily statements with "I'm afraid that ....." or "I'm worried that .....",
you are unintentionally programming your subconscious into an acceptance of unwar-
ranted fear in your life.
In this exercise, read aloud to yourself the positive affirmations listed below, one
at a time -- but read them at least 3 times each. Each time, imagine the meaning of the
affirmation, and feel what you are affirming is possible in your life. If a particular
statement is not applicable or acceptable to you, omit it. Create other statements more appropriate to your situation. Repeat especially appealing statements over and over
mentally to yourself throughout the day. Feel them, and visualize them manifesting
in your life.
Affirmations have a power to them, because they can change your thoughts and
thereby change your reality. Since the root of mental and emotional blocks reside in
your subconscious thoughts, affirmations are an excellent tool to help you change old
mind tapes and programming. If you object to the idea of positive affirmations, that's
a good signal you need some work in this area. In all cases, positive affirmations can
help to bring about positive changes in your life. Also smile a lot, it's hard to be
negative with a smile on your face.
1) I am now becoming more productive and efficient in everything that I do.
2) I have great purpose, and I am now exercising the unlimited possibilities available
to me in the world.
3) I am freeing myself now of fear, worry and anxiety, and I am at peace with
4) I greatly believe in myself and my abilities, and I am now progressing steadily.
5) I am learning and growing daily, and I now find value in each new experience that
happens to me.
6) I am now directing total health for my entire being and all my bodily cells.
7) I am secure now with my home, my work, my family and those around me.
8) My attentiveness and observational abilities are now improving every day.
9) I am now achieving emotional stability and balance in my life.
10) With boldness and confidence, I am now taking action toward my goals.
11) I am now taking action toward developing myself every day.
12) My physical skills and abilities are now distinctly improving every day in every
13) I am now achieving my correct body weight, and I am consciously improving
my posture every day.
14) I now love, forgive and accept myself as I am.
15) I am coping, adapting and responding now to changing situations with ease.
16) I am prosperous now in all things, and I always have everything I need from
God's abundant universe.
17) I am progressing constantly now, and I accept full responsibility for everything
that happens to me.
18) Every day in every way, I am now feeling better about myself and my daily
19) I am now very youthful, healthy, strong, enthusiastic, happy and full of
20) I now feel warm and loving and accept everything I create in my life.
Intensely repeat appealing statements over and over to yourself throughout your
day, especially before drifting off to sleep and before climbing out of bed in the
morning. Write a few affirmations down on a 3" X 5" card to read throughout your
day. To have more immediate effect with special affirmations of particular im-
portance, you can write some of them down in a notebook 1,000 times, and see how
the changes manifest in your life. The more frequently you use any affirmations in
your daily life, the more likely they will sink into your subconscious and take effect.
So practice using positive affirmations often.
As an exercise for tomorrow, positively reinforce all your accomplishments, small
or large, with a compliment immediately afterwards. To be in a good mood, read
positively oriented material, watch positive TV shows, go to motivational seminars,
be with positive people and say things to yourself and others in a positive way.
Avoid any verbal criticism of yourself or others, because the negative atmosphere it
creates can only hinder your progress. Even your unspoken thought atmosphere
toward yourself & others should be kept positive and uncritical for optimal daily
results in your life. By leading a positive lifestyle, you can look forward to some
significant improvements in your life as well as increases in your overall energy level.